If you’ve been charged with mortgage fraud, you know that your professional reputation and your freedom are on the line. Work with experienced defense lawyers.
At Bonjour, Thorman, Baray & Billingsley, our lawyers each have 10 to 30 years of defense experience. Attorneys Jules Bonjour and Michael Thorman are both certified criminal law specialists by the California State Bar, as well as Northern California Super Lawyers in criminal defense.
You can count on us to protect your interests with thorough investigation and aggressive defense. Contact our law office in Hayward, Fremont, or Pleasanton for a free initial consultation.
Mortgage Fraud Cases
We represent clients facing charges of prime and subprime mortgage fraud, including mortgage brokers, notaries, and others involved in refinancing or providing new mortgage loans. We defend against charges of:
- Providing misleading information, such as verbally misrepresenting the terms of a loan when the written documentation differs
- Failing to fully disclose information or giving inaccurate or incomplete information
- Falsifying documents or forging documents
- Engaging straw buyers in lending schemes with inflated property values
- Property flipping
- Notaries improperly notarizing documents that the lender did not sign
Experienced Fraud Defense
Mortgage cases are document intensive. We are familiar with these documents and can go through them quickly to determine your available defenses to either clear your name completely or to minimize the consequences of a criminal conviction.
Many of our clients have never been arrested or involved with the criminal justice system before. We know this is a difficult time for you and your family. Your defense attorney will work closely with you to develop a defense strategy and will keep you informed as your case progresses.